What to Bring to Your First Consultation Visit
What do I need to bring to the initial consultation visit?
You generally don't need to bring any documents to the initial visit.
However, you should be familiar with your financial picture. For example,
you need to know:
- The address and rough value of all real estate you own,
- The approximate balance of your real estate loans,
- The year, make, and model of all vehicles you own,
- The loan balance on all your vehicles,
- The approximate outstanding balance of your credit card debts,
- Your approximate monthly income,
- The approximate balance in your bank accounts,
- The approximate value of your pensions, and
- The approximate cash surrender value of your life insurance policies.
- Detailed information about any trusts naming you as a trustee or beneficiary
Overall, the more informed you are about your financial situation, the
more useful the initial consultation will be.